Sunday, September 29, 2013

Nudge- Week 5

Well, this week has been spent with studying/preparing for two exams, including consumer behavior, and reading Nudge! I haven't had much time to read anything else, or watch too much tv. So I figured it would be a great opportunity to talk about Nudge, and everything I've read in it thus far. This book is great, and such an easy read. The first few chapters engage readers in real-life examples that are relatable to college students. This information also relates to consumer behavior because it discusses various ways consumers act and think. For example, they compare average consumers(which they call Humans) to ideal, perfect consumers(which they call Econs). It would be a perfect scenario if everybody thought and acted like these perfect "Econs". But we don't, so this book gives tips and nudges to "Humans" on improving health, wealth, and happiness. The examples they use allow consumers to apply everything they talk about in the book with ease.

 I'm only on chapter 9, but I'm excited to see what else this book has in store for me to learn. I'm glad I am finally reading a book that will be applicable throughout the rest of my life. Most books I read will only help me get my first job. But this book I will be able to use beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment